Monday, December 14, 2009

Oh Monday...

I have been working hard all weekend on a number of different papers and on the final steps for a group project which was due for presentation this morning in my class titled "Examining Power, Privilege, and Oppression". I've been really stressed about it all. Rather, *am* really stressed about it all, about getting it all done.

After a full 8hr day at the library, and 3 more hours of working when I arrived home, I went to bed at 2am (this has been the norm for the last few weeks), and set my alarm for 7am, hoping to get to school by 8am to do one last minute bit.

I woke up at 7:40 with my little "daylight/sunrise" alarm going off, glowing happily and radio chattering away, and my cell phone alarm in hand and shoved under my pillow. It too was buzzing away, as well as sounding it's annoying alarm. I had probably been hitting snooze for the last 40 minutes but I have no memory of it.

So I scramble to get everything together. get dressed. look nice. get books for afternoon class. feed cat. brush teeth. make coffee! oh, don't forget breakfast!

I get to school at 8:45 and thankfully find that the last bit i thought I needed to do did not need to be done.

My group and I present our project (A discussion of the culture of, history of, and counseling issues pertaining to counseling refugees from the Sudan and Somalia - no small deal, let me tell you!).

The presentation goes great!

As soon as it's over I scurry off to the restroom...

Where I discover that I have my undies on backwards!

Well, that explains why they were all in a bunch.

And yes, I am thankful that they are the *only* thing I have put on backwards, or that I remembered to put them on at all.

Oh, Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment